Let me tell you something. The older you get, the harder it is to recover from cons.
And given the size of our past show, Otakon, it should come as no surprise that we spent most of Sunday and Monday recovering. Add the fact that we threw Super Art Fight 4 in front of it, and you’d think we were freaking crazy.
Luckily, so are a lot of you.
First, Super Art Fight 4 was, I think it’s safe to say, a resounding success. Both we the performers and you the audience seemed to have the time of our lives, and we can’t wait to do it again for Super Art Fight 5.
As for Otakon…well, Day One was full of snags, issues with registration, and generally poor table layout hurt the beginning of what it usually the biggest and the best show for us, but that’s been covered elsewhere by people far more articulate than I.
What’s important? The people who in times of need, show you that all you need are good friends. I’m happy to say that we have some of the greatest friends in webcomics, and in the interest of kindness, I’ll link a slue of them. Check them all out, seriously.
- First, our brother from another mother, Ross Nover of The System.
- Who can forget his great table buddies, our best buds in Connecticut, Kevin & Blondie of Caf Fiends?
- Darren Gendron - A Man with many a plan, and someone who I was proud to share a panel with. See his stuff at Dernwerks.
- Jim, Nelly, Jackson and the whole crew at Morlock Enterprises. Yes, I know, not a webcomic, but great folks as is.
- Brian was holding it down from Amu’s World, and while she didn’t have a table, it was good to see Jamie of Sudden Valley.
- Like surfing comics? Great! Go see Chris “Kilika” Malone over at Blue & Blond for the best.
- While it always seems like I get pulled away during conversation, it was a pleasure to see Steve Naperski of Dueling Analogs.
- Like he needs another link, but Ananth of Applegeeks and Johnny Wander is a cool ass dude, and it was a pleasure to geek out about print quality with him.
- While they’re wrapping up Fragile Gravity, it was great to see Chris & Barb, who might have something new under wraps…
- Crazy man Brian Wilson and relatively sane man Garth Graham are always great to see, and this past weekend was no exception.
- Shout out to some new friends: Kelsey Wailes, who was tabling for the first time, and apparently did VERY well, and our new friends at Outlawed, who kinda got screwed by the man, but did the best they could for the weekend. Onward and upward, gang!
I’m sure there are others who I am forgetting, but seriously folks, this is an amazing community to be a part of, and I thank the fates every day that Nick and I get to be a part of it.
Up next - CONNECTICON, where we do it all again, even farther away from home! SEE YOU THERE!